Academy Exchange

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is anyone able to share an example/sample of their PrEP policy and procedure?

• 1.  Is anyone able to share an example/sample of their PrEP policy and procedure?

Posted 06-04-2020 17:13
    Hope this posting finds everyone here safe and healthy - thanks for all that everyone is doing these days. 

I'm trying to assist a program administrator who has been working hard to put some infrastructure in place for PrEP services in their area.  The administrator has specifically asked for some sample PrEP policy and procedure docs, so I thought I'd put this ask out for this group.  I'm happy to walk her through how I might frame her P&P ... but working off established P&Ps can be much easier than trying to craft one from scratch. 

If anyone has some material they're able to share (it's fine to redact program name if you need to), I would be most appreciative!  Please email them to me at carolyn.chu@ucsf.edu.

Best,
    carolyn

------------------------------
    Carolyn Chu, MD, MSc, AAHIVS, FAAFP
    San Francisco General Hospital, University of California - San Francisco
    San Francisco CA

• 2.  RE: Is anyone able to share an example/sample of their PrEP policy and procedure?

Posted 06-05-2020 15:31
    Carolyn;

If you contact the Pacific AETC located at UCSF, they would be a great resource for your program and policies for PrEP.  You can get their contact information at http://paetc.org/contact-us/paetc-central-office/ 

They can also put you in contact with many other providers as well as offer technical assistance to developing your program.

John Phoenix
    Las Vegas NV