Academy Exchange

View Only

ACTIV-2 - NIH Sponsored Study to Evaluate Different Monoclonal Antibodies as Outpatient Treatment of Covid-19

• 1.  ACTIV-2 - NIH Sponsored Study to Evaluate Different Monoclonal Antibodies as Outpatient Treatment of Covid-19

Posted 09-17-2020 08:37

Good morning colleagues,

The Covid-19 pandemic unfortunately rages on in the USA, the NIH in its response has sponsored many studies on various agents 
    Below is some information on one of our research vehicles ACTIV-2 which has sites all over the country. Feel free to refer your appropriate patients, we specially appreciate all our providers who send us many minority patients. To get more information visit Find a COVID-19 Study Site

More information from my Program Director.

As many of you know, there was a press release from Lilly today announcing the results of their phase 2 study BLAZE-1.  This study utilized the same antibody as the one that is being evaluated in our very own ACTIV-2 trial.  While the results are not definitive, they are promising.  Those in the intervention arm had a significant lower risk of hospitalization than those who received placebo.  This was a secondary objective, but hope inducing nonetheless.  No one expected that there would be such a large margin of clinical benefit! 

https://investor.lilly.com/news-releases/news-release-details/lilly-announces-proof-concept-data-neutralizing-antibody-ly

In partnership with Lilly, ACTIV-2 is designed to be the main phase 2/3 trial for this mAb and we have the opportunity to provide the definitive evidence for this drug.  I am writing to ask for your help in getting the word out about the ACTIV-2 study.  The faster we can enroll, the faster we can get this drug approved for clinical use. 

Beyond this, we have several other companies who have promising compounds waiting to be tested in ACTIV-2.  Our only limitation at this point is the enrollment rate.  Whatever you can do to help us get the word out about this study would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached some (IRB Approved) flyers and info sheets to this email.  Please distribute widely as you see fit.  The study website is www.riseabovecovid.org

Also, if anyone has connections to companies or organizations who may be interested in learning more about our study, please let me know.  We have a whole outreach team focused on stakeholder engagement.

Thanks so much for your support!

Peter

Peter Kim, M.D.

Director, Therapeutic Research Program

Division of AIDS

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

5601 Fishers Lane

Room 9E50

Bethesda, MD 20892-9830*

------------------------------
    Leonard Sowah
    Baltimore MD