Academy Exchange

View Only
  • 1.  My Introduction- A new member of AAHIVM community

Posted 10-06-2021 18:38
    Hi everyone,
    I, Sudhir Gakkhar, an Indian citizen, would like to introduce myself as a self-employed community pharmacist, currently practicing in Botswana since 2002.
    Because of high prevalence of HIV/AIDS in Botswana, I had an opportunity to serve the members of the community living with HIV, under Public-private partnership (PPP) program of Ministry of health, in the area of ART dispensing, Pharmacovigilance and related counselling  for almost 7 years until 2014, after obtaining a formal AIDS related training in 2005 from Botswana-Harvard Partnership, an AIDS initiative of Harvard school of public health. The journey of PPP program remained very interesting, insightful, and challenging with full of emotions and devotion which motivated me to obtain a formal university qualification MPhil (HIV/AIDS Management) from Stellenbosch University, South Africa. The motivation has now become a passion of my profession while I am still serving a reasonably good number of People living with HIV as a community pharmacist.
    During my professional career I have always been keen to avail every possible opportunity to upgrade my skill, and therefore, now I am a proud member of AAHIVM with an excellent global team of highly educated and experienced  professionals, while I am on my way to receive AAHIVP credentialing status in near future with your able guidance and support.
    Best Regards,
    SUDHIR GAKKHAR

------------------------------
    Sudhir Gakkhar
    Gaborone, South-East

• 2.  RE: My Introduction- A new member of AAHIVM community

Posted 10-07-2021 15:31
    Welcome!  So glad that you are here! I hope that you will find great colleagues amongst the experts here.
    My best to you, Norma

Norma Rolfsen
    Mercy Hospital
    Chicago IL