Academy Exchange

View Only
  • 1.  Would be great in credentialing/educational opportunities were open for students/technicians

Posted 07-18-2020 18:00
    Would love it the AAHIVM would open either opportunities or open existing content for others that aren't doctors or pharmacists. As a pharmacy technician, I am interested in expanding my education on HIV care further - especially because I work in a pharmacy that requires all of their pharmacists to be credentialed. As an undergraduate student set on pursuing an MD: I'm especially interested in this. 

------------------------------
    Colette Hadley
    Alexandria VA

• 2.  RE: Would be great in credentialing/educational opportunities were open for students/technicians

Posted 07-19-2020 16:49
    Can you tell me what is the deadline to apply for credentialing this year?

Thanks  
    Dr. Chery

• 3.  RE: Would be great in credentialing/educational opportunities were open for students/technicians

ACADEMY STAFF
    Posted 07-19-2020 17:06
    Dr. Chery, 

Credentialing early registration closes on the 31st of August, with final registration closing on October 13th. 

Scott Brawley
    Washington DC

• 4.  RE: Would be great in credentialing/educational opportunities were open for students/technicians

ACADEMY STAFF
    Posted 07-19-2020 17:03

Hi Colette, 

All of the Academy's educational programs are free, with the exception of the Fundamentals of HIV Medicine textbook. You can log in and participate; however, the courses are designed to be accredited continuing medical education programs for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists. 

I would suggest you start with the Core Curriculum in HIV to determine if it meets your educational needs. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Scott

Scott Brawley
    Washington DC

• 5.  RE: Would be great in credentialing/educational opportunities were open for students/technicians

Posted 07-19-2020 17:38
    For students or more appropriately residents, it would still be useful to participate in CME activities but would need to apply for credentialing after they are licensed. The ability to accumulate the required HIV related CME would differ by states, there are states that provide students with a full licence upon completing a USMLE Steps 1, Step 2 CK and Clinical Skills. Others require completion of residency whilst others require step 3. But each individual will do well to check their state requirements

Leonard Sowah
    Baltimore MD