Academy Exchange

View Only

Clinical Research Update 7/21/2020 - B/FTC/TAF in Older Adults, Guidelines in Federal Prisons, Bariatric Surgery

• 1.  Clinical Research Update 7/21/2020 - B/FTC/TAF in Older Adults, Guidelines in Federal Prisons, Bariatric Surgery

Posted 07-22-2020 10:33
    Edited by Aaron Austin 07-22-2020 12:40
    In this week's Clinical Research Update I highlight three recently published studies that address very different HIV-related issues that have clinical relevance to our practices and patients.  One is about using B/FTC/TAF in older adults, the second concerns medical guidelines in federal prisons, and the final discusses bariatric surgery for PLWH.

If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to check yesterday's e-mail from the Academy or go to the Clinical Research Update page on the Academy's website to check out my summaries.  It should only take you a few minutes.

How do these studies relate to your practice?  What takeaways have you gotten from this research?  What further questions do you have about these topics?  Share them with your colleagues here!

As a reminder, all our Clinical Research Updates are archived on the Academy's website.  If you missed something, you can catch up here.

------------------------------
    Jeffrey Kirchner
    Lancaster General Health Physicians (LGHP) - Comprehensive Care
    Lancaster PA
    ------------------------------