Academy Exchange

Recent Discussions

• I have had this happen as well - what I look at when this happens are the following: 1. where is the percent? stable? 2. Lab issue? 3 what is going on with the pts' white count? 4. are they sick/covid/something else going on? 5. Then I do repeat ...

• If it happens thus I usually check for administrative error . Regards J Sent from my iPad

• Has anyone seen any data looking at patients living with HIV and CD4 count after COVID immunization? I have a patient who is undetectable, has been for a long time. Had a significant drop in his CD4 after the 2nd dose of COVID immunizaiton. ------------------------------ ...

• Did they recently have COVID? Or COVID immunization? There has been some data showing drops in CD4 with COVID infection. Just being curious, but what med are they on? Any concern for adherence, even though undetectable, as some of the meds can have ...

• I think I want to answer your question with more questions! Ha! First thing I want to know is what is their CD4 percent on their last draw and the most recent? Next question is around their total WBCs from last labs to recent? Lastly (well so many other ...

Unanswered Posts

• Posted in: Academy Exchange

Has anyone seen any data looking at patients living with HIV and CD4 count after COVID immunization? I have a patient who is undetectable, has been for a long time. Had a significant drop in his CD4 after the 2nd dose of COVID immunizaiton. ------------------------------ ...

I thought this webinar might be useful for those interested in HIV-1 proviral DNA drug resistance testing as it can be a useful tool to guide treatment adjustments or regimen switches (due to adverse events, regimen intolerance or drug-drug interactions). ...

Hi all. I have a patient who relocated and needs a new PCP in the Las Vegas area. Someone who could provide primary care and HIV care and has experience/interest in providing care to women with HIV would be preferable. She's very hesitant to establish ...

Dear colleagues, I am a researcher at UCSF and am conducting a study to learn more about PrEP use among young adults in the San Francisco Bay Area during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. This study involves a one-time online survey , and all participants ...

Dear colleagues, I am a UCSF researcher and am conducting the Youth4Cure (Y4C) study to explore knowledge, attitudes, motivators and barriers to participating in HIV cure research among young adults living with HIV. We are currently looking for 18-29-year-olds ...

Community Poll

Most Active Community Members

Need Help? Contact the Community Admins!