Academy Exchange

Recent Discussions

• Does the drug insert mention anything of this sort ? Just wondering if there is an explanation . Jeetesh

• I have seen that in at least 10 patients. Very concerning. Most don't seem to go back to UD consistently, some I have changed to genvoya or desc/dolu and they become UD. ------------------------------ Judy Davidoff Chase Brexton Health Services Baltimore ...

• I haven't really seen this, to be honest, but I will be on the lookout for it now that you all have pointed it out. ------------------------------ James Adams Rancho Mirage CA ------------------------------

• Thanks for anwers Best ------------------------------ jeetesh singh ------------------------------

• Bic only comes in combination as Biktarvy. It's a three drug regimen of BiC-TAF-FTC. I have changed someone to Dovato 3TC DTG once due to excessive weight gain. The injectable PrEP Cabotegravir which is comparable to Rilpivirine and DTG that you receive ...

Unanswered Posts

• Posted in: Academy Exchange

For those who work with IM/FM/Med-Peds residency programs or other types of clinical training programs, and might know of a new/recent learner looking for more training opportunities in CA: The HIV Clinical Leadership Program (a unique fellowship involving ...

This week's highlighted study from Japan reminds us that CDC guidelines recommends vaccinating our HIV patients for Hepatitis A. You can read the full summary on the Academy's website . ------------------------------ Jeffrey Kirchner Lancaster General ...

Good morning colleagues, The Covid-19 pandemic unfortunately rages on in the USA, the NIH in its response has sponsored many studies on various agents Below is some information on one of our research vehicles ACTIV-2 which has sites all over the country. ...

A study about the risk factors for Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome in people with advanced HIV disease is the subject of this week's Clinical Research Update . While we are seeing fewer patients with advanced AIDS, this study suggests ...

In this week's Clinical Research Update I highlight a study comparing time to viral suppression in patient data from 2012 and 2017. The study suggests that, as clinicians have adopted the 2012/2013 DHHS Guidelines for immediate use of ART, the time to ...

Community Poll

Most Active Community Members

• Gary Spinner
    Gary Spinner
    240 Points
  • Michelle Ogle
    Michelle Ogle
    207 Points
  • Jeffrey Kirchner
    Jeffrey Kirchner
    190 Points
  • Leonard Sowah
    Leonard Sowah
    185 Points
  • Amber Siegel
    Amber Siegel
    138 Points

Need Help? Contact the Community Admins!