Academy Exchange

Recent Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Privacy

Thank You! ------------------------------ Michael Robinson Greenville NC ------------------------------

• Good morning colleagues, The Covid-19 pandemic unfortunately rages on in the USA, the NIH in its response has sponsored many studies on various agents Below is some information on one of our research vehicles ACTIV-2 which has sites all over the country. ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Dr Robinson, You might ask your state ADAP plan folks. You can also go to Patient Assistance Plan at manufacturer, they may consider this an "uninsured" situation that makes them eligible for their plan: https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/drug-assistance-programs#PAPs ...

• Profile Picture

There is a program out of California called Keep it Confidential, that I use to educate patients. I'm in Nevada. I print off the form and share with patients about how to communicate with their insurance companies. Here is the website https://myhealthmyinfo.org/ ...

• Profile Picture

Privacy

How do you handle privacy for individual who are under a spouse's or parent's insurance if they do not wish to disclose that they are on PrEP or ART? Michael Robinson, MD Clinical Assistant Professor ECU Adult ...

Unanswered Posts

• Posted in: Academy Exchange

Good morning colleagues, The Covid-19 pandemic unfortunately rages on in the USA, the NIH in its response has sponsored many studies on various agents Below is some information on one of our research vehicles ACTIV-2 which has sites all over the country. ...

Hi all, I've seen a several posts on here about PEP and using newer options given nPEP and occupational PEP guidelines are form awhile ago. I'm assuming people are typically talking about nPEP. The occupational PEP guidelines from 2013 still recommend ...

A study about the risk factors for Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome in people with advanced HIV disease is the subject of this week's Clinical Research Update . While we are seeing fewer patients with advanced AIDS, this study suggests ...

In this week's Clinical Research Update I highlight a study comparing time to viral suppression in patient data from 2012 and 2017. The study suggests that, as clinicians have adopted the 2012/2013 DHHS Guidelines for immediate use of ART, the time to ...

For CA physicians looking for possible part-time opportunities in a correctional setting, I just received word of a job posting. Please check out the link below for more information (including direct contact info for the recruiter). Thank you! https://wellpathcareers.com/job/?id=84981&title=Physician&iis=Wellpath+Website.Careers&iisn=Direct ...

Community Poll

Most Active Community Members

• Gary Spinner
    Gary Spinner
    240 Points
  • Michelle Ogle
    Michelle Ogle
    207 Points
  • Leonard Sowah
    Leonard Sowah
    185 Points
  • Jeffrey Kirchner
    Jeffrey Kirchner
    174 Points
  • Amber Siegel
    Amber Siegel
    122 Points

Need Help? Contact the Community Admins!