Academy Exchange

View Only
  • 1.  MPV Intradermal Jynneos Vaccine

Posted 08-10-2022 22:53
    Hello, my clinic just received Jynneos vaccine and we are planning to start vaccinating this Friday, however the FDA just approved intradermal injections at 1/5 dose to stretch supply.  I believe the Biden administration consulted with IDSA on this but I know the decision was mostly based on just one study and there are concerns over this strategy.  Are others grappling with this, and does anyone have info to share?  I am considering giving the 1/5 ID dose to those who are immunocompetent but SC standard dose for immunosuppressed.  Would appreciate any thoughts.

------------------------------
    Aliza Norwood
    Austin TX

• 2.  RE: MPV Intradermal Jynneos Vaccine

Posted 08-11-2022 19:20
    We havent gotten vaccine yet - but given that there will be a shortage for the 2nd dose - we were planning to give the recommended initial whole dose - the new recommendation does not feel solid to me.

Sara Back
    North Central Bronx Hospital
    New York NY

• 3.  RE: MPV Intradermal Jynneos Vaccine

Posted 08-12-2022 17:25

We are expecting vaccine Tuesday and our health department has issued guidance of "First Dose Response" and utilization of the ID dosing in order to get as much broad coverage as we can.  We will be taking our marching orders from them for our vaccine roll out program, and monitoring success as closely as we can with the state.

Dan Scales, Pharm D, AAHIVP

Director of Pharmacy Collaborative Care

Pronouns: He/Him

5250 Leetsdale Dr #300 Denver CO 80246

Cell: 720-388-9339

Office: 303-802-5317

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY ARE IMPORTANT TO US AT VIVENT HEALTH

Any privileged, proprietary, confidential, medical and/or private or personal information that may be contained in this e-mail is subject to federal and state laws regarding disclosure and re-release. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, forwarding, distribution or use of the information contained in this email, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. Access to this e-mail and the information contained in it, by anyone other than the intended recipient, is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.

If you do not respect the privacy and confidentiality of this e-mail, it may result in legal activity, professional discipline, and/or other types of appropriate action. Thank you.

Secured by Paubox - HITRUST CSF Certified

• 4.  RE: MPV Intradermal Jynneos Vaccine

Posted 08-13-2022 02:18
    I dont know what the official NYC response will be to the vaccination dose etc.  but I just read an article where the Danes were not supportive of the dose and method changes that the US was implementing.

And yes it is also an issue of equality!

Sara Back
    North Central Bronx Hospital
    New York NY

• 5.  RE: MPV Intradermal Jynneos Vaccine

Posted 08-12-2022 15:18
    This is a really interesting and touchy topic. I am in Philadelphia. our health department held a meeting with the local organizations who are currently assisting with vaccinating and some of the comments brought up were very powerful. one person brought up equity and disparity between communities/certain demographics, in the sense of if one clinic in the city is giving full doses but another changes and does 1/5 dose, what does that say to patients? they were saying for all of the clinics in Philadelphia, we all need to be on the same page with the change AND proper communication needs to be done with the community as to why the change is being made.

Angela Kapalko
    Physician Assistant Chairperson for AAHIVM
    Philadelphia FIGHT CommunityHealth Centers
    Philadelphia PA
    akapalko@fight.org