Academy Exchange

View Only

Recent Discussions

• Thanks everyone for your input. I was aware of Howard Brown and that was going to be my go to referral and that seems to be the consensus here, I gave the patient a list of the locations and encouraged them to engage in care as soon as possible. As far ...

• I'm curious as well. On the medical billing side, I know the CPT code specific for Apretude isn't effective until July 1, which means a generic code has been used for now. I'm hoping the specific CPT code helps with reimbursement. Our pharmacy reimbursement ...

• I advised the Viiv Rep that our 340B proposed reimbursement of about $70 for every 2 months injection was way below what would be needed for us to provide Apretude for PrEP. Brian R. McMurray, MD, FACP, FACEP, AAHIVS Music City PrEP Medical Director ...

• Can you send me a contact for your billing collections contact? We were never able to come close to breaking even and we want to know if you figured something out or simply subsidized the injectable thru 340b or other funding. This is directed at both ...

• Yes, Howard Brown Health in Chicago has locations throughout the city of Chicago and is currently administering Apretude to many patients for PrEP.

Unanswered Posts

• Posted in: Academy Exchange

Hello everyone. I am an infectious diseases doctor and HIV provider in National Center for Global Health and Medicine center hospital, Japan. I am currently managing a Guinean paitnt with newly diagnosed HIV and Tb lymphadenitis and she speaks only ...

• Profile Picture

New TN PBM Bill

Posted in: Academy Exchange

Hopefully a positive new trend! Release from ASHP: Breaking News: Tennessee Governor Signs PBM Bill Last week, Tennessee Governor Bill Lee signed Senate Bill 2458/House Bill ...

Good afternoon all! I like to share with the larger group a newsletter that went out to all PA Members 2 weeks ago. I want to keep everyone abreast of the great things happening within the PA Committee! see below --

Hello everyone, As Pharmacists across the country prepare to furnish PEP and Prep, I wanted to share my recent presentation with Dr. Keith Yoshizuka. The goal of the presentation was to discuss California's SB 159 (HIV: preexposure and postexposure ...

• Profile Picture

Workforce Survey

Posted in: Academy Exchange

Hi all, Please take a few minutes to complete the AETC HIV Workforce Survey. It takes about 10 minutes. It will provide valuable information about our aging workforce (you know it's true!) and how to keep a vital HIV workforce for the future. So far the ...

Community Poll