Academy Exchange

View Only

Recent Discussions

• Dear All. I am Dr Alok Vashishtha from Haridwar, India. A 24 year old boy case history was received by us for opinion on 10th April 2022. This boy is on ART from 04th January, 2006. The treatment history is provided in table below. As his HIV-1 ...

• Thank you so much! This makes sense! I used atovaquone because he has a G6PD deficiency and thought we should not use sulfa with this deficiency. Again, I really appreciate your input. This group is awesome! Get Outlook for i ...

• Is he sulfa allergic? If not, we usually go with TMP/SMX first for PJP prophylaxis. The thinking with the presence of M184V is that we can get away with a regimen that has only two active drugs, as long as one of them has a high genetic barrier to ...

• Good evening everyone, Thank you so much for you input. So I went with Biktarvy because of its size, and pill size was one of his main concerns with ARV. Can someone please explain M184 mutation with regards to ARV. Also, given his CD4 count is ...

• Just to be complete, Symtuza would also work in this case, and currently is the only med with the FDA indication in presence of the M184V mutation. That being said, Biktarvy, Tivicay/Descovy, and Juluca, as others have mentioned, should work fine. Thanks! ...

Unanswered Posts

• Posted in: Academy Exchange

Dear All. I am Dr Alok Vashishtha from Haridwar, India. A 24 year old boy case history was received by us for opinion on 10th April 2022. This boy is on ART from 04th January, 2006. The treatment history is provided in table below. As his HIV-1 ...

Good morning. A 82 year old female patient of mine is relocating to live with her daughter. She will be relocating to 28371 zip code or Fayetteville, NC. I checked the referral database and mostly saw providers in Durham NC. I am wondering of if ...

Dear Pharmacists, Please see below request from our colleagues: We are seeking pharmacists who practice in hepatitis C virus (HCV) management to participate in this survey. The purpose of this survey is to further characterize the national HCV workforce ...

Dear colleagues, The National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR) and the Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation (CHLPI) are in the process of updating the evaluation criteria for Hepatitis C: State of Medicaid Access and would like to hear from ...

My questions, after only seeing adults and not encountering this situation in the past...1). Are there any negative or positive implications (short or long term) for HIV* adults who have undergone tonsillectomy? 2). For HIV+ children/adolescents? ...

Community Poll